COVID TOUGH PLAN
REVISED AUGUST 4th, 2021
COVID 19 SAFETY MEASURES FOR 2021 TOUGH MUDDER EVENTS
We are closely monitoring the latest science around the Delta Variant, and the resulting change in guidance and local regulations in many states.
Effective for August events, Tough Mudder staff and volunteers will resume wearing masks during event day and we highly encourage participants to wear masks while in the registration, merchandise and festival areas.
KEY SAFETY PILLARS
- Capacity Reduction & Social Distancing: We’ve launched pre-event selection of start times and overall capacity is held lower than 2019 and prior.
- Facial Coverings: Participants and volunteers are strongly encouraged to wear facial coverings in the registration, merchandise and festival areas. We'll have masks and REIGN neck gaiters available for you on-site.
- Hygiene & Reduced Contact: We’ve gone cashless, and are working to reduce contact points and known areas that cause lines across the event. Hand sanitizer will be available throughout the festival, at water stations, and select obstacles on course with hand-to-hand contact.
YOUR COVID TOUGH PLEDGE
Tough Mudder is all about teamwork-- and we all need to stick together to keep our entire community safe when returning to the mud. While we’ve got a solid plan in place to protect you, here’s how you can do your part:
- Stay home if you are sick, symptomatic or have been in contact with someone who is sick within the past 14 days and have not tested.
- Be Informed! Read all event communication and signage, as it could contain important safety information on new event procedures and policies.
- Follow the instructions of medical personnel and Tough Mudder Staff.
- Respect social distancing and look for any visual cues like signage and ground markings that indicate where to stand and how far apart to be from fellow participants
- Practice proper health and hygiene methods for handwashing, hand sanitizing, sneezing, coughing, etc
- Show up on time at your assigned arrival and start time
- Give yourself and others some space
- Thank the volunteers, they are there to keep you safe and help keep you going!
- Consider the safety of yourself and others around you
- Respect the host community and venue
REDUCED CAPACITY & SOCIAL DISTANCING
- Capacity is set at 800 starters per hour, and start times will be strictly enforced.
- Arrival time: Participants may now arrive at any time after registration is open, but will only be able to access the loading zones within your designated start window.
- Start Times: *NEW* For the first time, participants must select a start time prior to the event day. Starting in November 2020, start times can be selected at the time of registration and participants may only transfer to other times based on available inventory. Customers who purchased earlier in 2020 received communications in December 2020 on how to select a start time. Customers with existing tickets who did not select a start time will be assigned an afternoon start wave around 4 weeks prior to their event.
- Social Distancing: Always keep at least 6 feet between yourself and other people. Attendees must observe and obey all signage that promotes social distancing.
- Face Coverings encouraged, but not required at Tough Mudder events unless local guidelines require them.
- In the event that shuttle buses are required to transport participants from parking to registration, masks will be required on the buses.
- Participants who are unvaccinated or feel more comfortable wearing a mask are welcome to do so and extra masks will be available at the event.
- All staff, volunteers and partners will be wearing facial coverings on event days.
CLEANING AND REDUCED CONTACT
- Hand Sanitizer: Sanitizer will be available for use throughout the event, including throughout the Festival, at aid stations on the course, in toilet areas, and at select obstacles with hand-to-hand contact.
- Cashless: We’ve removed cash collection from parking and bag drop (now included when you purchase your ticket for a $10 flat fee). We highly encourage attendees to bring credit or debit cards instead of cash for a food truck, beer and merchandise purchases at the event.
EVENT AMENITIES AND COURSE ADJUSTMENTS
- Hydration stations are being reformatted for a hands-free experience.
- Rinse stations will allow for greater distancing, and changing tents will have open sidewalls (with privacy fences) to allow for ventilation.
- Gear Check will be in an enclosed, secured outdoor area without overhead covering to promote ventilation. Attendees should plan to bring their personal items in a waterproof bag.
- Water-based obstacles are treated each morning and contact obstacles will be sanitized at scheduled intervals. The CDC has noted that transmission of COVID-19 via water and pools is highly unlikely.
All registered attendees will receive safety information specific to their event (following input from state and local officials) via email between 1-3 weeks prior to their event